Thursday 24 January 2013

*no internet server atm*

Actually Written: Thursday October 18th 2012, between 4 and 5 o'clock.




Salt water.

Salt water and seagulls, that's where I am.
Everywhere you go, people smile and wave. I find myself smiling all the time and always checking to make sure I am.
I want to get to know some of these people better, just so I can ask them if it's just an act.
I guess to sum it up, this place is nice.

I feel like I'm on constant vacation here. All I want to do is walk and write and draw and take pictures. Soon enough I'll be unbelievably fit. And by the end of the month I'll have masterpieces not even Shakespeare or Picasso could beat.

All the time I just want to walk and look at the beautiful scenery. Of course, I can't get my eyes off my journal to look at it for more than five seconds.

My phone is in my pocket. I feel terrible having one in a place like this. Like I'm gonna get caught.
But phew, no service.
My laptop is much the same. No one will see me with that out. And I mean that in all seriousness.
I'd better stop writing. Even in a place surrounded by water, I get lost looking for the beach.

...
Alright, maybe 'lost' was a bit of an overstatement. A would-be 10 minute walk turned into a 15 minute walk. Big deal.
So a 15 minute walk from my house followed by a hike through a bit of tall grass that may or may not contain snakes (because I'm a loser who refused to walk another 5 steps to find a trail), and a small climb up a rock and here I am. But by God was it worth it.



Maybe I can handle living here after all.


~P.S. Trail turned out to be a lie. My shoes are now soaked. </3

1 comment: